Do you want to be part of a team that can concretely mitigate climate change?
ChrysaLabs is a company specializing in agricultural technologies that has developed a soil analysis solution based on spectroscopy and artificial intelligence allowing farmers to reduce the use of fertilizers and increase their agricultural yield.
Our mission is to make agriculture more sustainable, more profitable, and to facilitate the adoption of environmentally friendly agricultural practices through the use of our technology.
The team is growing (again!) to accommodate our strong growth! And we are currently looking for an Manager – Data Analyst who wants to evolve in a young technology company.
ChrysaLabs is looking for an experienced representative to support its sales and business development department. The person sought will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and developing new international commercial partnerships linked to the agtech sector and the voluntary carbon market. Working closely with the sales and marketing department, this person will play a key role in the commercial growth of ChrysaLabs in its international expansion.
– Participate in the design and delivery of data analysis projects, including defining objectives, success metrics and analysis methodology in line with the needs of other departments
– Carry out and supervise complex data analyses, ensuring that they are correctly executed and interpreted, and that the results are based on evidence-based data and analysis
– Recruit, train, mentor and supervise data analysis team members, including setting clear objectives for each team member and conducting regular performance reviews
– Develop a work plan for the team based on the priorities, deadlines and objectives of the department and the company.
Effectively allocate resources and projects to team members based on their skills and workload
– Work closely with other departments, such as Data Science R&D, Customer Success, Marketing, Product, etc., to understand data needs and business goals
– Support management in producing presentations by enhancing data using clear, concise and useful graphs and tables with the aim of convincing (for example presentation to current or future customers)
– Support management in the manipulation, evaluation and interpretation of data in order to draw conclusions within the framework of strategic thinking to support the company’s commercial vision
– Prepare reports and presentations to communicate data analysis results to internal and external stakeholders
– Implement quality control processes to ensure the accuracy and consistency of data and analysis produced by the team
– Collaborate with data science and infrastructure teams to improve existing data analytics tools, identify opportunities to improve data analytics processes and performance, and encourage innovation within the organization team by exploring new data analysis techniques, tools and methodologies
– Ensure the team follows data protection regulations and ethical best practices when collecting, using and managing data.
– A university degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, data science or a related field is often required. A Master’s degree or higher may be an asset.
– Significant professional experience (5-10 years) in data analysis, data science or a similar field is required, with progression into increasingly responsible roles.
– Mastery of tools and programming languages commonly used in data analysis (e.g. python), as well as data visualization tools
– Expertise in data manipulation and transformation, including data collection, cleaning and preparation
– Expertise in the development of advanced tools for analyzing and representing complex data. Knowledge in handling georeferenced data and soil science is an asset
– A solid understanding of statistical concepts, machine learning and predictive analytics
– The ability to design analysis methodologies, develop models and interpret results
– The ability to popularize statistical results via concise and easy-to-understand presentations for internal and external parties involved
– The ability to enhance data via graphs and tables in order to convince internal and external stakeholders
– Experience in team management, including supervision and development of team members
– Leadership, communication and problem-solving skills to lead the team towards achieving goals
– The ability to plan, organize and execute data analysis projects on time and on budget.
– Excellent ability to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable manner, both written and oral, particularly in the creation of reports and presentations.
– The ability to understand the needs of internal and external parties involved, as well as provide relevant data analytics to support their decision-making.
– Knowledge of data protection regulations and ethical best practices related to the use of data.
– The ability to manage changes within the team and adapt data analysis processes to changes in the business and market.
– A thorough understanding of the field of agronomy, soil science and agriculture is an asset.
– A startup spirit that promotes sustainable development by helping to reduce the impact of agriculture on the environment
– A stimulating and dynamic work environment. For real.
– Modern facilities, with tools TO help you do your job easily
– Adjustable desks, plants everywhere, the most beautiful light north of Mount Royal.
– Fully stocked kitchen.
– An excellent corporate culture that understood that without humans, there would be no business.
– A horizontal and really accessible management: our CEO is in the office hockey team and half of the team is blocking with our CTO (He is not worse!)
– Group insurance and pension plan with employer participation
– Career growth mindset ingrained in our DNA. We want you to grow.
– The most accommodating telecommuting, flexible schedule and work-family policies
– Annual allowance for your well-being.
– Nerf gun available for foam ball fights!
– 5 to 7 frequent, Lunch & Learn, etc.
Does this offer appeal to you? Send us your application!