Do you want to be part of a team that can concretely mitigate climate change?
Our mission is to make agriculture more sustainable, more profitable, and to facilitate the adoption of environmentally friendly agricultural practices through the use of our technology.
The team is growing (again!) to respond to our strong growth and we are currently looking for a Soil Specialist.
– Carry out R&D work in soil science aimed at developing new innovations and improving products in a real application context
– Identification and development of soil health metrics based on technology developed by ChrysaLabs
– Participate in the installation of experiments in the laboratory
– Take measurements for laboratory experiments
– Use various tools for measuring the physico-chemical parameters of the soil
– Document experiment data
– Write R&D reports of experiments
– Maintain a clean and organized experimental space
– Participate in the planning of soil sampling projects and indoor experiments
– Carry out soil sampling campaigns, including the technology developed by ChrysaLabs
– Catalog and preserve soil samples
– Ensure that all soil sampling is carried out in accordance with ChrysaLabs protocols and those defined by the analytical laboratories
– Help set up, maintain and monitor experiments in the lab
– Resolve any unforeseen complications to bring sampling projects and plans of experiments to fruition
– Participate in the data analysis process
– Revise internal and external documents on biochemical reactions in the soil and its biological fertility
– Document experiments and soil samples, so that the information is accessible to the whole team
– Perform other duties related to job responsibilities
Support different teams for product development
– Degree in soil science, agronomy or agricultural engineering or relevant experience
– Field and laboratory experiments, collection and management of soil samples
– Strong knowledge in soil chemistry, soil science, nitrogen cycle
– Knowledge of Python programming or other programming language, knowledge of statistics
– Notions of experimental methods and statistical analyzes such as regression and variance analyzes
– Sense of organization and priorities
– A startup spirit that promotes sustainable development by helping to reduce the impact of agriculture on the environment
– A stimulating and dynamic work environment. For real.
– Modern facilities, with tools TO help you do your job easily
– Adjustable desks, plants everywhere, the most beautiful light north of Mount Royal.
– Fully stocked kitchen.
– An excellent corporate culture that understood that without humans, there would be no business.
– A horizontal and really accessible management: our CEO is in the office hockey team and half of the team is blocking with our CTO (He is not worse!)
– Group insurance and pension plan with employer participation
– Career growth mindset ingrained in our DNA. We want you to grow.
– The most accommodating telecommuting, flexible schedule and work-family policies
– Annual allowance for your well-being.
– Nerf gun available for foam ball fights!
– 5 to 7 frequent, Lunch & Learn, etc.
Does this offer appeal to you? Send us your application!